Here I am!

Well, I guess this has been a long time coming. Imagine, me with a blog. I never thought it would happen. Peer pressure finally made me cave in. I have been reading my friend Taya's blog for a LONG time, and she has been making a full-fledged effort to get me going. NO WAY! Then, one night, I was sitting at a table with some friends, commenting on some peoples' "blog obsessions", and every person at that table had their own blogs. (open mouth-insert foot) They all insisted that it was really easy, (I hope so because I am computer-stupid) and really fun. After gathering their blog addresses and checking them out over the next week, I decided to give it a try. Maybe it will be fun- a creative outlet, something to do in my spare time- and maybe it will be a way to keep people posted on the life of our family, which is sometimes a little crazy!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

She Did It Again





Mikayla has been BEGGING to cut her hair for Locks of Love again. She did it the first time 2 yrs ago, and for the last 6 months she has wanted to do it again. We talked her into waiting through the summer and doing it just before school starts. Well, this morning she informed me that today was the day because school starts tomorrow. We called the salon and got the appointment and she was so excited all day. When we got there, she talked to the stylist like she goes to the salon all the time and then she came home and showed it off to all of her friends. She tells everyone that she just wants to help other people and I can see that through her selfless acts.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Sarah just got hers cut short today too! She's been wanting to do Locks of Love but I don't think we got the 9 inches they want.

Mikayla looks darling!

Stuck on U said...

WOW! ok she looks so different. how awesome for her that she wants to do it every time(well at least the past two) she looks so much older with short hair. how fun for all. love your blog. I can't believe you have time for this. I am addicted, love doing this. check out mine sometime.

Jamie H. said...

How adorable! What a sweet girl...just like her mom!! Tell her I'm proud of her!

J and Ris said...

Only Mikayla! She is quite the girl! She is going to be just as amazing as her mom when she gets older!

Bananafana said...

I remember her when she was a little sunbeam, she was such a doll, I always knew she'd be even more amazing the older she'd get. Your fam is so cute!