Last weekend, we participated in our comunity Pioneer Day. Mikayla was the most excited about it. She rode on the float in the parade and practiced her wave.
Here I am!
Well, I guess this has been a long time coming. Imagine, me with a blog. I never thought it would happen. Peer pressure finally made me cave in. I have been reading my friend Taya's blog for a LONG time, and she has been making a full-fledged effort to get me going. NO WAY! Then, one night, I was sitting at a table with some friends, commenting on some peoples' "blog obsessions", and every person at that table had their own blogs. (open mouth-insert foot) They all insisted that it was really easy, (I hope so because I am computer-stupid) and really fun. After gathering their blog addresses and checking them out over the next week, I decided to give it a try. Maybe it will be fun- a creative outlet, something to do in my spare time- and maybe it will be a way to keep people posted on the life of our family, which is sometimes a little crazy!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Pioneer Day
After the parade, we went to the park, where there was a dutch oven cook-off, games, and a dunk tank. The dunk tank was the highlight of Mikayla's day. We waited in a long line so she could have he chance to be dunked. She barely made it up onto the platform and SPLASH-she was drenched, pioneer dress and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yeah I am very excited about you starting a blog it is a fun way to keep up on peoples lives! Also I wanted to add my memory about you. My first memory was you invited us over for sunday dinner just after we moved in and you made the best pasta salad ever, then we chatted and had a lot of fun. I was amazed at the size of scrapbook supplies you had and am every card swap in ahh at how good you are at it. Lots of fun. Take care. Kim
btw... I am totally offended with your "blog obsession" comment! It's not an obsession- it's an energy outlet! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!! Ha ha!!
I'm glad your friends in KUNA could finally talk to into doing this! I see how I rank on your list these days... hee hee! ;)
Post a Comment