I have a hard time doing anything half-hearted, so when I decide to do something, I tend to get a little obsessive about it. Over the last several months, we have been rearranging our entire house. All three boys are going to be in the bonus room- the 300 square foot room that used to be my scrapbook studio. That left me with the little 9x10" room downstairs, so I had to do something drastic. I bought shelving and countertops and installed them, and then I recruited the help of my friend, Kara, and we spent hours. . . and hours . . . and hours, organizing, sorting, and of course-labeling. Aaron came home one night at about 10:00 and we were sprawled out on the floor, sorting buttons by colors and putting them in their respective jars. We did the same thing with papers and cardstock and adhesives- you get the picture. Amazingly enough, we just finished it, and I can find EVERYTHING! I love it, and I had so much fun, I have started going throught the rest of the house.
Here I am!
Well, I guess this has been a long time coming. Imagine, me with a blog. I never thought it would happen. Peer pressure finally made me cave in. I have been reading my friend Taya's blog for a LONG time, and she has been making a full-fledged effort to get me going. NO WAY! Then, one night, I was sitting at a table with some friends, commenting on some peoples' "blog obsessions", and every person at that table had their own blogs. (open mouth-insert foot) They all insisted that it was really easy, (I hope so because I am computer-stupid) and really fun. After gathering their blog addresses and checking them out over the next week, I decided to give it a try. Maybe it will be fun- a creative outlet, something to do in my spare time- and maybe it will be a way to keep people posted on the life of our family, which is sometimes a little crazy!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Way to go! (And Kara!) I bet that was so satisfying.
Hello OCD!! Ha ha! JK! No, seriously that sounds exactly like something you would do right down to color coordinating the buttons. So, when are you coming over to my house to organize? :)
Jealousy...Yes I am ozzzing with it:)
This is such a Beautiful picture. I hope my craft room will grow up to be just like yours someday!
Love your blog! I'm glad that you got your room done! It's gorgeous! I'll have to come and see it in person! Good luck with the rest of the house!
Oh you sneak! I'm so glad you "found" me! I'm not nearly as good as Taya. Mine is more like blurts! and I agree with Ta---
Can we say OCD!!!
I love you!! Kiss my twin!!
Melena, "It's great!" I think this is really cool. Your scrapbook room looks way cool. Maybe someday my sewing room will look as good. (I can wish can't I?) Love ya tons, Mom
Mikayla, "Way to Go!" I think it is really great that you care so much about others and want to help them. Your hair cut is so cute!!!
Papa John thinks so, too. He said, "I want that picture". I hope you have fun at school this year. Love Grandma Kathy
Marx, I hope you keep reading and enjoy school. Have fun. Love Grandma Kathy
Ethan, I love the goggles, too.
Dallin, Nice Hat.
Aaron, Glad to see you take a little time for fun. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment